Once TinyTERM's connection settings are configured, they often need to be
protected. In addition to the file protection security offered by Windows, TinyTERM
includes the option to remove user interface components.
To hide user interface components, go to the Options menu and select Global
Preferences. Disable the options that users will not need. In particular:
- Menu Bar - The menus contain all the configuration options.
- Session Bar - This line at the bottom of the TinyTERM window shows the open
sessions. The individual session buttons include a right-click menu that allows editing the
- Ribbon Bar - The Ribbon Bar is the collection of buttons immediately beneath the
menus. It includes configuration and file transfer capabilities.
- Save Settings on Exit - Set this to Never so changes are not
automatically saved when TinyTERM closes.
- Protect All Settings - This option prevents accidental changes to the
Once these changes have been made, save the session.
Note: the menu bar can still be displayed by clicking the TinyTERM icon at
the upper left of the window, in the title bar. If the menu should not be available
at all, open the
.tpx file in a text editor. Search for the line:
Change the number
2. This will remove the option
to display the menu bar completely. Save the file after making this change, then
continue with distribution.