Secure TN3270 access to IBM hosts
TinyTERM Plus provides exact IBM TN3270 and TN 5250 host access. TinyTERM Plus is a terminal
emulator that excels at replacing Attachmate Extra!®
, Micro Focus Rumba®
, and IBM
products with a lower cost solution.
IBM 3270 and 5250 Access
TinyTERM Plus provides IBM mainframe connectivity with precise
TN3270E emulation, including secure host access utilizing strong SSL/TLS encryption.
IBM AS/400 hosts are supported, with exact TN5250E emulation, LPD printer support, and
SSL/TLS. Organizations using UNIX and Linux servers can rely on legacy terminal emulations
including DEC VT420, VT100, AT386, and Wyse 60. Advanced SSH encryption is used to secure all
- TN3270 and TN5250 IBM Host Access
- VT420, VT100, AT386, Wyse 60
- Fully Windows 7 Compatible
- SSL, TLS and SSH strong encryption support
- Deploy using MSI, SMS, Citrix and Microsoft Terminal Server
- Standalone graphical file transfer client with SFTP, FTP
- Low yearly subscription covers all replacement and new licenses, support and upgrades
Reducing costs for IBM 3270 Access
Century Software has provided the highest quality terminal emulators for over 27 years,
and is now providing an opportunity for organizations to save 30%-80% of their ongoing
costs yearly, while retaining all required functionality and support. This is made
possible by replacing and consolidating corporate terminal emulation, and using the
latest trend in software pricing: yearly subscription licensing that includes everything.
Replacing Without Repurchasing
Century has created a new, lower cost way of providing IBM host access solutions, the
Annual Subscription License. Using a low yearly fee, the subscription includes licenses
for replacement and consolidation of all a company’s terminal emulators, regardless of
origin and capital spent, along with upgrades, maintenance, technical support, and feature
enhancements – available now with TinyTERM Plus.
Advanced deployment capabilities provide flexibility to control and manage the enterprise
rollout process. Customized host access configurations can be easily and automatically
pushed from corporate file servers to multiple desktops, and are compatible with Microsoft
MSI and SMS installation mechanisms. TinyTERM Subscription Host Access can be
installed directly on Citrix and Microsoft thin client terminal servers for deployment
without any desktop installation.
Trouble-Free Transition and Migration
Migrating from your existing emulator to TinyTERM Plus is greatly
simplified with built-in keyboard and code page mappings compatible with Attachmate, Micro
Focus and IBM products. Changes in day-to-day business methods are minimized by allowing
TinyTERM to run side-by-side with the current terminal emulator, allowing a smooth
transition. Using pre-built configuration settings is easy using the File Import menu,
which converts other vendor’s configuration files. TinyTERM can be configured with
identical display colors, keyboard mappings and a customizable user interface that
initially matches Attachmate Extra!.
Optional Subscription Licensing
Turning the Latest Trend into a Solid Future
The move by software vendors away from the traditional permanent license to a low yearly
subscription fee that includes all licensing, upgrades, maintenance and technical support
has the potential to reduce software costs greatly. The terminal emulator vendors have not
yet adopted this model, though communications protocols and security requirements have
Replace Attachmate Extra! for $30/year per User
TinyTERM Plus easily replaces products such as Attachmate
, Micro Focus Rumba®
, and IBM Personal
. Companies replacing and consolidating all their current
emulators using the Annual Subscription License can expect savings of at least 30%-80%
each year on recurring expense from what is currently being paid. Prices for complete
terminal emulation product, maintenance and support are a maximum of $30/year per user,
with lower prices on larger volumes.
With Annual Subscription Licensing, the maximum cost for TinyTERM Plus
is USD $30 per user per year, or just $2.50 per user per month with a 100-user
minimum. Pricing is volume-based, so for larger quantities the cost can be much lower.
Century Software has created the annual licensing option to help organizations
control and reduce their terminal emulation costs. The subscription license includes
product use licenses, version upgrades, technical support, and feature enhancements.
It is ideal for organizations requiring a fully supported terminal emulation product,
with full coverage for operating system and security requirement upgrades.
If your organization uses Attachmate Extra!, Micro Focus Rumba, IBM Personal
Communications or other terminal emulation products in any combination, now is the
time to consolidate and standardize on a single, lower-cost solution: TinyTERM
Benefits of Subscription Licensing
Century’s discounted Subscription License pricing allows a company to obtain replacement
product use licenses and maintenance coverage at a much lower cost, with a subscription
license fee paid annually. Subscription licensing is renewed yearly at the same cost, and
also allows adding or subtracting users as well as receiving new versions and upgrades
without incurring capital expense or negotiating any contract. It offers the flexibility
to meet organizations needs for ever-changing environments easily.
Organizations can save 30%-80% each year on ongoing maintenance expenses, with the
flexibility to increase or decrease user counts at any time. Replacement of an existing
terminal emulator with new product usage licenses is completely covered, as is all
support, version upgrades and feature enhancements. Capital expenditures are eliminated
and replaced with a deductible low-cost subscription expense.
Subscription licensing is ideal for companies currently paying ongoing maintenance or
those requiring a fully-supported IBM terminal emulation solution, future-proofed
against Windows and security upgrades. As government and corporate security standards
continue to strengthen, and operating systems continue to upgrade, the need for ongoing
maintenance is ever-present.
Subscription license benefits:
- One low annual cost covers product use licensing, support and version upgrades.
- Quantities can be increased/decreased to match changing requirements.
- Eliminates large capital expenditures, replaced with a lower-cost subscription expense.
- Ideal for organizations requiring a fully supported terminal emulation solution,
future-proofed against Windows updates, security fixes or changing government mandated
The subscription cost includes:
- Concurrent-User or Multi-User product use license.
- Consolidation and replacement of other vendor’s licenses.
- Ongoing security updates
- Compatibility with all future Microsoft Windows OS upgrades (Windows 7, 64-bit)
- Special enhancement requests
- Regular version upgrades, new releases, fixes and patches
- Full technical support
- IBM TN3270E, TN3270 Models 2-5 (RFC 2355, 1646)
- IBM TN5250E, TN5250 (RFC 1205)
- DEC VT420, VT100, AT386, WYSE 60
- Multiple session support
- Resizable emulator screen w/scalable TrueType fonts
- Scrollback buffer
- Transmit, receive and keyboard code pages
- LPD Print Server
- DEC VT and WYSE Transparent Printing, Screen Printing
- Print redirection to LPD and Windows spoolers
- IND$FILE protocol for IBM Mainframes
- Standalone graphical FTP client supports SFTP, SCP and SSH secure file transfer
- Advanced SSL and TSL security for IBM host sessions
- Advanced SSH strong encryption security for UNIX access w/1024-bit keys
- Port forwarding
- Enterprise Deployment
- Automated installation using Microsoft MSI, SMS and central installation servers
- Publish using Citrix XenApp and Microsoft Terminal Server
- Supports Citrix Password Manager
- Macro record, edit and playback keyboard
- Automatic keyboard macro generation
- HLLAPI/COM/OLE/ActiveX API support
- Graphical keyboard remapping
- Mouse button remapping and macros
- Configurable tool bars, text attributes, cursors and background images
- Host multi-byte character decoding
- Unicode UTF-8, Japanese, Chinese, Korean DBCS decoding
- Keyboard, codepage, and attribute compatibility with Attachmate Extra!
- Configuration file import utilities
- Windows 7, Vista, and XP compatible
- Windows Terminal Server 2003/2008
- Citrix MetaFrame, Presentation Server, XenApp
- 32MB Memory, 16MB Disk
Evaluate TinyTERM Plus
Download a free 14-day evaluation now.
TinyTERM Plus for Windows is available directly from Century Software
TinyTERM Plus for Windows is backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can buy with
complete confidence that TinyTERM Plus for Windows will meet your needs.
Call us at (801) 268-3088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Would you like to request a feature or comment on TinyTERM Plus for Windows?
We'd love to hear from you! Click here
to let us know what you think.
Need assistance from our technical support department? You can
call our support line at (801) 268-3088 option 5, email
visit our support page